Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014!

I'm very excited to announce that this year I will be taking part in Vegan MoFo for the first time ever!!

For those of you who have never heard of it, the MoFo stands for Month Of Food (so therefore Vegan Month of Food) and encourages bloggers from around the world to blog on a regular basis about vegan food. I first discovered this last year whilst I was still a vegetarian, and spent hours trawling through various bloggers posts and as a new vegan, I'm excited to be taking part this year.

Vegan MOFO 2014 runs for the whole month of September and I will attempt to blog on a daily basis. Those of you who are familiar with my blog will understand that sometimes I struggle to blog on a monthly basis so I'm setting myself quite a challenge. Especially since I'm off to Barcelona for four days in early September.

Although themes are optional, I've decided to do a theme for each day, hopefully to help me keep on track:

Monday Bakes: It's depressing going back to work, so why not soften the blow with baked goods?!

What I Ate Tuesday: Simple.  Take pictures of my food and post it. What I Ate Wednesday does sound better but I've already got a theme for Wednesday...

Wrap-It Wednesday: Wednesday in our house equals wrap night, a chance to blog about my favorite recipes and to discover new ones.

Apple Thursday: Our apple tree is overflowing with apples again.  This is a chance to discover new ways to use them up.

Barcelona Friday: I'm hoping to write a few different posts on my upcoming trip to Barcelona

Pizza Saturday: We have Wrap Wednesday, and I'm currently trying to make Pizza Saturday a thing in our house to discourage us eating out so much. However sometimes it's unavoidable so if it's not pizza, I'll write about whatever we eat.

Seitan Sunday: I have wheat gluten, but tend to use it to make chickpea cutlets. However I think it's time have a go at making my own seitan and try a few different recipes.

I'll try to stick to the theme, but I'll try and prepare some off-topic posts for whilst I'm in Barcelona, and on Saturday 13 September I'm off to Blackpool Vegan Festival so I'll be doing a blog about that instead.

I hope you enjoy it, and wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. This is really interesting and looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for spreading the word about it, I just might participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm doing it too. My theme for the month is tea related. Look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! I love when blogs do day-of-the-week themes! Our apple tree isn't ready yet, but i look forward to getting some apple ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amey! Are you taking part this year? I loved your noshtalgia theme last year especially your little drawings x

    ReplyDelete