Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

More Isa Chandra Creations

This is just a quick post to share two more Isa Chandra recipes I've been enjoying:

The first is her Everyday Chickpea-Quinoa Salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, both from Appetite for Reduction. I'm not a salad person, however the salad section of this book shows just how diverse salads can be and I'm really looking forward to trying some more, especially her Strawberry-Spinach Salad once it's strawberry season again.

The recipe calls for romaine lettuce, however I subbed baby leaf spinach, as well as adding sweetcorn and some capers.  It was delicious! One batch make three to four portions, depending on how greedy/restrained you are.  This was the first time I have tried quinoa, and I gotta say I'm impressed. Quinoa is quite pricey compared to other grains but you only have to do a quick Google search to realise just how diverse it is and in addition it is also a complete protein. However, Isa does suggest that you can use other grains if quinoa is out of your price range.  Perhaps couscous? Or giant couscous? I'm just saying that because it looks similar to quinoa!


The second recipe, is Chickpea Cutlets- OMG these are divine! I've made them twice now, both times as part of Sunday lunch.  Both times I've had to improvise as I was missing one ingredient.  The first time I was missing the soy sauce, so used a little extra veg stock and a bit of extra salt.  The second time I had the soy sauce, but was missing Olive oil, so I used regular sunflower oil.  The second batch tasted better, so I've come to the conclusion that the soy sauce is quite important, however it's still nice without.


I'm really a bit obsessed with Isa's recipes at the moment. What are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment