Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

New Year

Happy belated New Year everyone.

It's always the case when looking back at this time of year to only see the negatives and 2013 is no exception.  HOWEVER a lot of positive things did occur - one of my friends got married, I met lots of new people, The Boy graduated and started in the world of work and we went to New York!

2014 will not be without it's challenges, the education reforms will mean further redundancies at work and with David Cameron still PM this year will not be plain sailing.  However, unless the revolution starts this year, there's not a lot I can do about that so I'm concentrating on the small things:


  1. Be More Vegan: This is something I started last year, and aim to continue this year.  I'm not going to go into details on why I've decided to cut down on dairy and egg products, there's enough information out there for you to figure that one. However, I'm not too sure if  ready to go fully vegan yet.
  2. Get up everyday at 6am, even at weekend: Probably the most controversial of all my resolutions, however I'm sick of sleeping my weekend away and feeling stressed that I don't have time to do all the things I want to do.  Then of course there is the situation you find yourself in on a Sunday night, trying to go to sleep early for work the next day but not being able to because you slept in until 11am and then spend all of Monday feeling knackered.  I've kind of softened the blow a bit by allowing myself one lie in a month!
  3. Blog more: Will hopefully be helped by point 2!
  4. Stop being my worse critic:  I often find myself comparing myself in a negative light to other people.  It's not helpful, I'm not that person and never will be.  Instead I will try and concentrate on the things I do achieve.
I think the second resolution may be the hardest, but I'll give it my best shot.  What are your resolutions? Have you managed to keep them all so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment