Pages

Thursday 1 November 2012

Romesco Cauliflower Stir Fry

Today is THAT day of the week.  The day before veg box deliver day when I try to piece together the last of this week's veg into some sort of meal.

This week, I had left half the Romesco cauliflower, some red onions and potatoes. The onions and potatoes will keep so it was more a case of using up the cauliflower, and although I really enjoyed Tuesday night's tea it took a while and I just wanted something quick.

It was a toss up between pasta and a stir fry, and the stir fry won.

Along with the cauliflower (and noodles) I planned to add chilli, garlic, soy sauce and the juice of half a lemon that I had in the fridge.

All was going according to plan, until I accidentally pour red wine vinegar into the wok instead of sesame oil, and since I thought I'd buggered it up all ready I thought I would experiment a bit so added a bit of Thai green curry paste.

I was expecting something vile, but it actually tasted OK and the only thing was I went a bit OTT on the soy sauce so it tasted a bit like a posh pot noodle!

I would post a recipe/method but there isn't one, I think it probably needs a bit of work. But just shows that with a few store cupboard staples, half a cauliflower, chilli and onion you can make a meal. And don't be afraid to wing it!

1 comment: