Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Roasted Romesco Cauliflower

I admit it. Cauliflower is one of my least favourite vegetables. So when I started my veg box, I added it to the dislike list so I wouldn't end up with it in my box.

With Abel and Cole, you can see what is in your veg box each week before you receive it, anything you dislike is marked with an 'X' and you will receive something random on the day!

Last week, I was due to receive Romesco Cauliflower, but as I had added cauliflower to my dislike list, there was a big X beside it. I'd recently started to hear more and more about this cauliflower and it's unusual appearance  being intrigued I decided to give it a go and removed the dreaded cauliflower from the block list...

So anyway, here is what one looks like

The top is pointed, so if you had two, they would make an excellent Madonna bra for a fancy dress costume (especially if the theme was vegetable celebs)!
Anyway, I decided to try Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall's Roasted Cauliflower with lemon and paprika (found on the Abel & Cole site) with a side of roast potatoes with lemon and rosemary and some Quorn sticky BBQ fillets.


The cauliflower was really nice, the flavour seems to be a lot more 'delicate' compared to regular cauliflower, and the lemon and paprika went together really well. Surprisingly the big disappointment was the Quorn. It just reminded me of those tasteless Bird's Eye chicken fillets I use to eat as a teenager. The extra BBQ sauce helped to make it more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment