Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Pasta with kale, garlic and chilli

Last week (on the same day that I signed up to Graze) I signed up to Abel and Cole who deliver seasonal, organic veg boxes (as well as other things) straight to your door, as my plan of getting up early on a Saturday morning to go to my local market isn't really working out!

In my first box I got a bunch of kale, which I hadn't a clue what to do with- I've never had kale before!

So I started googling recipes and I came across a recipe for pasta with kale, garlic and chilli, I pretty much followed the recipe given but adjusted it for one person and substituted the spaghetti for wholewheat penne. I also added some  toasted pine nuts for a bit of protein and added a drizzle of balsamic vinegar at the end.


I've tried other recipes to use up the kale (I still have some left and no idea what to do with it) but this one has to be my favourite so far. As for my opinion on kale? Hmm it's not one of those vegetables your instantly love (I also got spaghetti squash in my box and that was love at first taste!) but I think it's like olives- I love olives now, but the first time I had them I was aware that they tasted OK and didn't make me was to vomit, so I kept having them and now I love them.  Hopefully that will be the case with kale.


No comments:

Post a Comment