Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Abel and Cole Vegetable Box

I mentioned briefly in my previous post that I have signed up for veg boxes with Abel and Cole. Well today was my second delivery day, and since I forgot to take any pictures last week I thought I would do so this week.

I have today off, so didn't need to get up until 8am this morning, but at 6:30am I heard a disturbance outside and like a young child on Christmas day I just had to get up to see what 'Santa' had left, I then put it away before going back to sleep again!



There is:

  • Broccoli
  • Cavolo Nero
  • Watercress
  • Carrots
  • Fennel (I had to Google this to find out what the hell it was!)
  • White Onions
  • Organic Milk
  • Aubergine (I got a note in my box to say they threw it in as a freebie as they had a few spare!)
  • Organic Free Range Eggs (free gift)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil (another free gift!)
Altogether (including a 99p delivery charge) this cost £11.03 (£9 veg box and £1.04 for the milk, which is a bit more expensive than in the supermarkets but the farmers get a fair price and as a result the cows are treated better!). 

A few of the carrots will go into making Carrot and ginger soup for work, I'll make green pesto pasta with broccoli and pine nut pasta (using some kale pesto I made and froze last week) and more pasta this time using the cavolo nero with chickpeas. But other than than that, I have no idea! But that's all part of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment