Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

Quick and Easy: Five Beans Chilli (Vegan)

Procrastination, as defined by Wikipedia is: "procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of lower priority, or doing something from which one derives enjoyment, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time."

And I am definitely procrastinating.  I am currently in the process of job searching which is rather dull, and I HATE HATE HATE applying for jobs, and I hate interviews even more. I think today I have hit a brick wall.

So anyhoo, I thought I would share my recipe for Heinz Five Bean Chilli.

I've had a can of Heinz five beans which The Boy bought lurking in my cupboard for a while, I didn't know if this was an intended purchase or whether he mistook them for average baked beans.  Either way, they had been bothering me for a while.  Chilli just fit, and given the weather recently I needed a hearty warming meal that I could make ahead and just warm up, and spicy food always takes better the more it's reheated...

Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 can of Heinz five beans
1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped (I used ASDA's frozen chopped mixed peppers)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (I used hot chilli powder)
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp tomato puree
Salt and pepper to season
Plain rice to serve


  1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic and pepper and fry until soft.
  2. Add the beans and the rest of the ingredients (except the rice of course!) and cook for 10 minutes.
  3. Serve


Simple and tasty, what more can you ask for.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment