Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Wrap It Wednesday- Slow Cooker Lentil and Quinoa

When I did my first online shop at Real Foods last week, I decided to treat myself to some quinoa.

One of the main reasons I wanted to get some, is so I could make this slow cooker lentil and quinoa taco filling (we use tortilla wraps instead). Part of the reason I love this recipe is that apart from chopping and crushing some garlic (and even then I bet you could potentially use garlic powder) it is easy to throw together and pop in a slow cooker for 8-9 hours.  Which was perfect last night when I made these, the change in seasons is making me feel a little drained.

I usually put everything in the slow cooker the night before and then turn it on low in the morning before I set off to work but this time I cooked it overnight and switched it off in the morning. When I came home from work, I just put some in a bowl, grated some Violife pizza cheese on and zapped it for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. I served it with the avocado, salsa and some Really! Not Dairy roasted garlic mayonnaise.



Yum! The cheese and garlic mayo really took it up a notch. I managed to be restrained and resist eating them all at once and managed to save some for a wrap for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment